Amazon.com Price: $19.95 (as of 01/12/2023 17:29 PST- Details) Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on [relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable] at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.
Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on [relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable] at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.
- Pros rarely play multi-hand games – I play almost exclusively multi-hand games.
- Pros play progressive jackpot games – I never play progressive jackpot games.
- Pros play almost exclusively single-hand games – I do not play single-hand games if there are multi-hand games available.
I started asking myself, why are professionals playing games different than I am playing? What’s fallacious with me? Is there something in my thinking that needs correcting? Finally, they are the professionals.
I posed this question to a gaming executive. His response was once, “Most pros play less volatile games, so they don’t suffer wild swings in their bankroll.” I understood his point, but that drove me to question how to decide whether one game is less volatile than another. As it related to video poker, the word volatility was once new to me. So, off I went to be informed all I could about volatility in video poker.
My goal in writing this book was once to find a way to quantitatively measure volatility in video poker and use that to guide me in deciding what games to play.
I’m excited to share what I have learned about volatility in video poker to help readers better have in mind how volatility can affect their decision-making. My purpose is to make players better players by making the most of volatility and not just being a victim of volatility.
In Video Poker Volatility, readers will learn:
- How volatility is defined;
- How it is measured;
- How to benefit from volatility and use it for decision making; and
- They are presented with an easy-to-use tool to guide them in making decisions on games to play to benefit from volatility.